Sunday, November 2, 2008

Make Money Online with Quality Content Sites

@
Today's topic is once again "virtual real estate" - a fancy term for content sites that inform visitors with useful content, and are monetized with advertising of various kinds.

Actually, I'll be telling you more about this in future blog posts. Some of this is cutting edge stuff, and I'll be bringing you some cutting edge information whenever I can, so stay tuned.

OK ... what are "content sites" and "virtual real estate" ?

A content site can be either a Niche site, or an Authority Site. For those who don't know, a true Authority Site is one which has lots of incoming and outgoing links, and is the "go-to" source for information about a topic area.

It usually has links in and out to lots of more specific Niche Sites, which also provide information, but on a much more focused topic, with a narrower audience.

I'm not sure who actually coined the term, but these days the term "Virtual Real Estate" is closely associated with marketing legend
John Reese.

By the way - an aside here - John's
Reese Report is one of my *most* valued monthly memberships. If I ever got in a bind, and had to give up most of my memberships, his is one of only two or three that I would hold onto at any cost.

It's that good. Click the link above and grab a free issue while he is still giving them away.

Anyway, back to the point of this week's tip. For the past year or so, I've been learning about and developing a lot of "virtual real estate". I've tried all kinds of programs and investigated all kinds of approaches. Finally, I came upon something worth its weight in gold.

This site is absolutely awesome for anybody who is interested in VRE, Niche sites, Authority sites, or Content Sites - it matters not what you call them, what matters is how quickly and efficiently you can research, build, and promote them.

My
RPM membership has benefited me immensely in the several months that I've been a part of it. www.MonetizedWebsites.com is just one example of a site that I've built with it.

And in a few short months, that site is getting traffic that is rivaling the traffic I get on sites that are 3 and 4 years old, and well-placed in the SERPs, with lots of "first page" listings for a variety of search terms.

How is this possible? Well, first, they give you a step by step guide on exactly how to research and develop one of these sites, and then they give you the tools to do it!

Basically all you have to do is some simple setup, and you are ready to start publishing. By the way, that word I just used - publishing - is a central concept in this system.

They aren't building junk sites that are going to get banned from the search engines almost as soon as they are indexed. They show you how to build real, quality content sites that should have long-term "staying power" because they rely on unique content.

But once you have the content and the site, then what? You also have tutoring and tools to use to publicize and market your site. They show you how to do that, too.

Using social bookmarking, tags, blogs, multiple RSS feeds, dyamic content and self-building and self-promoting web sites are just some of the topics they cover in their forums, and in the many downloadable PDFs and videos that are provided.

Anyway - I've gone on too long here. Once I start writing about this stuff, it's hard to stop. Have a look for yourself.


Get a free report on building authority sites.

And don't forget to check out the
Reese Report. I'm not kidding around when I say it's in my "top three" choices of "must have" memberships.

If you haven't started developing yours yet, get going.

The longer you wait, the further behind you will be. The web is changing, and you need to stay ahead of the curve if you want to be ahead of the crowd.

"Marketing to marketers" is fine if you are a genuine "guru". But if you're just an average person, then you need to be thinking about markets that have mass appeal, and developing websites that have staying power.

Best wishes for your continued success!

John

P.S. Both of the links I gave you today will get you free 20+ page reports that educate you to the secrets of VRE. Grab them and read them! You won't regret it ...

No comments: