Sunday, November 2, 2008

Make Money Online with Virtual Real Estate

@
Well, it's been quite a while since I posted to this blog. Alot has happened in recent months. My online business, which was skyrocketing, took a nose dive in the spring, requiring quite a bit of reorganizing to get it back on track.

The whole episode was a lesson for me. I had too many eggs in one basket, and when one segment of the business dropped off, it took too big a chunk out of my revenue, distracting me from other aspects of the business, which soon suffered, too.

Along the way, though, I made some interesting discoveries, among them a fantastic newsletter, the
Reese Report, which is published by John Reese, the man famous for his "million dollar day" back in August of 2005. John sends you a "hard copy" of the Reese Report and companion CD every month, in addition to giving you access to the report in online PDF format.

Of all the forums and newsletters I read, the
Reese Report is by far the most valuable to me, and well worth the monthly subscription, which is actually quite modest by comparison to what you get. Each issue centers around a featured topic, and includes links to valuable resources John himself uses or has heard about from his subscribers. He also features several niche product site ideas in every issue, as well as reviewing sites submitted to him by his readers.

I'm not sure if John is the one who first coined the term "Virtual Real Estate", but his name has become synonymous with it. The term refers to the notion of owning a number of web "properties" not unlike owning a series of rental homes. The idea is that your VRE is a source of long-term residual income.

Well, along about the time that one part of my business was hitting the skids, I was in the process of ramping up my interest in Virtual Real Estate. To that end, I've built around 20 niche sites in the past six months, only ONE of which has anything to do with the Internet Marketing niche.

The rest are in various niches where there is decent demand in terms of monthly searches, but not much competition in terms of web sites and web pages that correspond to the searched-for terms.

How did I build all that "Virtual Real Estate"? Well, at first, I was building it by hand, or hiring assistants to draft sites for me that I could later finalize. All well and good, but it was costing me several hundred dollars per site, and/or quite a bit of my time.


Then I came upon a largely automated solution. These guys not only show you how to research a niche and profit from it, they also provide you all the tools to begin building authority sites without needing to know html, rss, blogs, social bookmarking, etc, etc, etc.

They provide the tools, and the tutoring on how to use all of that stuff. Way cool!

All you have to do is
monetize your website - but they even get you started on the right track for that, too.

I'm continuing to build my "Virtual Real Estate" empire, and encourage you to do the same. I use these sites to promote affiliate products, build a mailing list from them, send traffic to CPA networks, and monetize them with Adsense, among other things. None of them makes a fortune yet, but they are beginning to show signs of steady income.

I encourage you to consider the value of making money online with virtual real estate. It's the "next wave" in internet marketing.

No comments: